On 13 April 2015 at 09:36, Mateusz Loskot <mate...@loskot.net> wrote:
> On 13 April 2015 at 08:18, André Hartmann <andre.hartm...@iseg-hv.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.qt.io/Branch_Guidelines
>>> The latter explains recommendations and caveats of possible
>>> development workflows.
>>

>> But that's only true for Qt itself.
>
> The /Branches article says
> "Qt Creator uses the same branching policy as Qt itself"
>
>> So just push your new plugins to master.
>
> I've been looking for answer on which branch to branch off, thanks.

I should have clarified, I'm going to work prepare for contribution this way:
- fork Qt Creator on GitHub
- create branch boostbuild-plugin branched off of the master
- import source of my plugin
- work on the plugin integration, apply necessary changes, etc.
- once the integration is completed, submit the plugin through Gerrit

I hope it's acceptable workflow, as two other developers that joined
my efforts are based on GitHub, and GitHub simlifies our collaboration a lot.

That is base on "Feature development outside of Gerrit"
https://wiki.qt.io/Branch_Guidelines

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net