On 15 April 2015 at 08:46, André Hartmann <andre.hartm...@iseg-hv.de> wrote:
>> For example, let's assume we start working on the contribution as follows:
>> 1. Import current sources of our plugin into wip/boostbuildprojectmanager
>
> To submit this first commit, it would be best all current developers give a
> +1 review to show their acceptance that the code is merged to the Qt
> repositories.

André,

The issue here is, that I know the current code will be rejected straight away
due to Qt(Creator)-incompatible coding conventions used.
So, we need to port to Qt coding style and we will be working on it as a team.

> Afterwards, you can pull this branch and start further work.
>
>> 2. git push gerrit HEAD:refs/wip/boostbuildprojectmanager  (?)
>
> This would be done after you changed a bit, i.e. created a patch.
>
> Imho the command would be something like:
>
> git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/wip/boostbuildprojectmanager

Right, I unintentionally omitted the /for/

>> 3. Developers A and B pull the changes
>
> Yes, they do to test the new things out.
> Then they suggest improvements to the patch, and the original developer A or
> any other pushes a new change set (with step 2).

I should have clarified, I mean developers A and B as developers
submitting the plugin,
as there is a couple of people working on it, not just me.
So, A and B are not the reviewers.

> It is important to keep the
> Change-Id line in the commit footer, so Gerrit knows the new push belongs to
> an existing change.

Ok.

> Once this change is ready for submission (approved), it is cherry-picked to
> the wip/boostbuildprojectmanager branch and can be pulled by anyone.

That process was slightly confusing to me, that git push will merge
straight away
but then it can be rejected in some other magical way in Gerrit.
Now, it makes sense.

> Further development / coding style corrections go on with new Change sets.

Yes, but see my concern on rejection of the initial commit, for example.

> Maybe it's best to have a look around at the open changes on Gerrit and how
> other developers interact with each other.

Good idea.

Thank you very much for your insights.

Best regards,
--