I will echo Henry and say that clang-format and git-clang-format in combination
with QtCreator 4.10 and newer have let our project all live with the same
formatting rules. As I type code QtCreator uses our clang-format file to format
my code. Git-clang-format for changes made through other text editors.

--
Mike Jackson

On 3/6/20, 12:04 PM, "Qt-creator on behalf of Miller Henry"
<qt-creator-boun...@qt-project.org on behalf of millerhe...@johndeere.com>
wrote:

    The obvious thing is to create a clang-format rule that formats things to
your preferences, and then back to the repo preferences.  A git hook can
reformat files to the repo preferences before you check them in, though I'm not
sure how you reformat to your preferences. Beware that if you do this you need
to get everybody to agree to the repo format and run the tool before their
checkins as well, otherwise 'git blame' will put your name on most of the code
when your only contribution was to change whitespace to what it should have
been in the first place.

    Clang-format is the best-known tool for this today. I've also used
uncrustify in the past for formatting, and I've seen a few other tools.  Your
project can choose.