From: Qt-creator <qt-creator-boun...@qt-project.org> on behalf of Bryan
Bennetts <bryan.benne...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2020 4:40:29 PM
To: Jason H <jh...@gmx.com>
Cc: qt-creator <qt-creator@qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] Tabs vs Spaces?

Hi Jason,

You can use git smudge and clean filters so that local versions appear to have
spaces, but the remote has tabs. Having said that, I've fiddled with them in
the past for formatting they are a little scary IMHO.

Best plan is just to choose a format and get everyone to use it, regardless of
personal preference. 'this is the project format - suck it up.'

As the others have said clang-format is a popular formatter at the moment, and
is quite nicely integrated in QTC.

There are more than a few pre and post commit hooks out out on the Web to auto
clang format to the configuration in the root of the project directory, the
only shortfall I've seen in some is that they fail to format the working
version at the same time so the dev will see a difference between the working
version and the committed version that they might not anticipate.

HTH, B.