ext Daniel Price wrote:
> I'm using GNOME, not KDE.

On GNOME, at least the Full Screen option of Qt Creator still works,
which allows Qt Creator to enjoy maximum screen real estate.

We've made some fixes to the minimum size problem, btw. The settings in
the Projects mode and the welcome screen are now placed inside a
QScrollArea, so Qt Creator can be a little smaller now.

The sidebar will still require too much space though. With a build and
search progress indicator active and including the window border, Qt
Creator is still a minimum of 663 pixels high (635 without window border).

Regards,
Bjørn

> On 10 Jul 2009, at 09:38, Enrico Ros wrote:
>> A couple of tips:
>> - disable the windows decorations (under KDE4 hit ALT+F3 -> advanced
>> -> no
>> border) to get some pixels back, and
>> - use CTRL+Scroll Wheel to make the font smaller and fit more text
>> to the
>> screen
>>
>> Enrico
>>
>> On Friday 10 July 2009 02:24:10 Daniel Price wrote:
>>> This is purely a cosmetic request.
>>>
>>> I use QtCreator on a netbook in both XP, OSX and Ubuntu. Creator is
>>> unfriendly to the small screen size (1024x600) due to the arbitrary
>>> minimum dimensions of the main window and the fact that is is a
>>> strict, MDI-style application. Strangely, I've found that Creator
>>> *can* be resized to smaller dimensions on XP (in which case the build
>>> status icons are obscured by the output and run buttons) and is just
>>> usuable, but this is not the case with OSX or Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> Is there any chance this could be fixed? The UI should more
>>> customizable, perhaps with toolbars which can be undocked. The icons
>>> across the horizontal dividers are tiny (great) but the icons in the
>>> 'mode' bar are far too large. At the very least, it should be
>>> possible
>>> to hide mode bar so that the window frame can be shrunk down further.
>>>
>>> I understand that when we develop software on huge LCDs, we tend to
>>> forget the little guys!
>>>
>>> Other than this, Creator works very well on the netbook!

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

Thorbjørn Lindeijer
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Software