I very much agree with this regarding QMake.  The documentation is useless
and I haven't the slightest idea how one is supposed to set different
configurations for release and debug builds. I have my own work-arounds but
like David, I don't understand the whole CONFIG(debug, debug|release) thing.

I would like to have something like:

release{
     DESTDIR = ../Release
}
else{
     DESTDIR = ../Debug
}

One might think such a thing would work but it doesn't.  Ideally, one would
expect switching from Debug to Release in Qt Creator's project tab would
allow one to change how QMake builds the project. I expect this can all be
done, there's just no clear documentation.

Dan Grubbs