From: qt-creator-boun...@trolltech.com
[mailto:qt-creator-boun...@trolltech.com] On Behalf Of Robert Caldecott
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 12:19 PM
To: qt-creator@trolltech.com
Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] plugin_qtestlib

I like the idea of a dedicated QTest output pane - will you be able to
double-click on failures to jump directly to the code?  That would be brilliant.
2009/10/26 Bravo.Alex <alex.br...@igt.com<mailto:alex.br...@igt.com>>

> Plus that it's not so high in the list of things to do.

If you are talking about qtcrea...@nokia team, it makes a lot of sense.

But that's why you guys opened development to outside world, right?

So that we can help you improve already great product.

So, back to qtestlibplugin:

After bringing it back from the dead, I realized that the architecture of this
plugin might need adjustment:

Right now it has its own type of output "Test Results" (just like "Build
Issues", "Application Output" and 2 more).

But, as this picture shows, there's not much space for different types of
output:

[cid:image001.jpg@01CA5638.3B794100]

Besides it doesn't make much sense to "pollute" IDE's screen with "Test
Results" button and list entry

for applications that have nothing to do with QTestLib.

It looks like there should be as little presence for this plugin as possible in
the IDE's GUI.

Ideally, this plugin should show itself only if output of a program is in
QTestLib format.

Thus this plugin really provides a different format of "Application Output",
not a different output pane.

So proposed adjustment to this plugin is to be able to have several formats of
"Application Output".

By default it's "raw" output, with the ability to switch to a different format.

In case of qtestlibplugin it can be "test results" and "benchmark results"
formats.

Other plugins could have/add their own formats.

What do you guys think?

Alex