Hi Coda,

My main problem seems to be, when building stuff ( PyQt, qtcreator) against my local build of Qt4.6, the include paths, and some other things, refer to where I originally built Qt. I'm new to Qt but I build lots other of stuff regularly. I don't think I'm crossing wires with stuff from Ubuntu's packages.

Some background: I'm trying to build Qt as a package that I can pass around to my team mates. This entails packaging up my Qt build and using it on different machines. Its when building against my local Qt package that I'm running into problems.

So, now I'm trying to build qtcreator. I use the qmake that is installed in QTDIR/bin/qmake.

The first thing that failed in the qtcreator build was an attempt to "cd QTDIR/src/tools/moc". That dir doesn't get built/installed by Qt. It's part of the original sources though. If I manually copy that dir from the original sources, then it fails trying to do stuff with "QTDIR/src/tool/bootstrap" which, again, only exists in the original Qt sources. If I "fix" that (by copying it to my QTDIR) then it fails trying to include "private/qmetaobject_p.h" which, yet again, only exists in the qt source package.

This pattern of failure led me to suspect that qtcreator needs the full qt sources available, and not just what was build and installed for Qt, hence my posting to the list.

You follow all that? ;) Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh

Coda Highland wrote:
Ubuntu's configuration of many libraries, including Qt, does make it
difficult to compile some projects (for instance, my own library, Qxt)
without modifying the build scripts. What problems are you having?

/s/ Adam