I tried qt-interest and not much of a response. Note that this test app I'm
trying to build is just like the fontsampler demo that comes with creator/QT.
I'm trying to duplicate the dockwidget on the left. How did fontsampler get
around this problem ?   It seems to me that if Creator can't hold a layout for
more than a few clicks there is a serious flaw. It makes working with all the
contents related to that dockwidget a pain in the ass.

I'm going to go play with Mono now to see how there stuff is .

I want some cross platform development that is stable. but if none is stable ,
then I guess it's back to VS .net ..