On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 02:48:40PM +0000, Danny Price wrote:
> > It's just that other things are ranked higher by those people who do
> > the work.
>
> Things like redesigning the Project screen for the 3rd time? Or
> pushing the QML designer, an interesting technology that has little
> relevance in real production code? Or redesigning the mode bar? These
> are all changes that have been made to the master in recent weeks.

Exactly.

> Nokia seems to have some odd priorities.
 [--and further down:--]
> Nokia/Trolltech just seem to be putting a lot of effort
> into things that people don't need.

Judging from this conversation they seem to have different priorities
than you. Calling that "odd" is certainly highly subjective. I personally
do not find it odd at all that someone who pays for software development
gets the features they are interested in.

> > And if it really irks you, why not implement it?
>
> It's not just John. Many people on this list have asked for this
> functionality.

And? The fact that several people asked for it should not stop you from
scratching your personal itch.

This is an Open Source project. There have been source contributions of
more than thirty non-Nokians by now, totalling a three-digit number of
individual patches. All scratching their own itches, all of them highly
welcome for the general public.

I really fail to see what makes your case stand out so much that it
warrants that radically different approach to a solution you are taking.

Andre'