One other thing I noticed, is that the Qt Creator installer tells me, for
Ubuntu / Debian, to run:
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev libSM-dev libxrender-dev
libfontconfig1-dev libxext-dev
sudo apt-get install libgl-dev libglu-dev

However, this did not work for openSUSE.

So I wonder, maybe I need to look for the equivilent of apt-get for
openSUSE...