On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Jochen Becher <jochen_bec...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 after I removed old beta installation.
> When I try to load my existing project Qt Creator asks me to create new
> project settings (for Maemo and Simulator). But I already have a
> complex .user file which I do not want to replace.

This brings up a bigger issue that I've encountered as well.  It used
to be that everything needed to compile Qt projects was in the .pro
file.  With Qt Creator, we now have a .user file which is slowly
taking on more and more capabilities that were previously in the .pro
file.  This makes it pretty confusing since people without Qt Creator
will have trouble compiling projects if half of the configuration is
in the user file, and it's confusing when working in source control,
since the .user file seems to be a lot more volatile than the .pro
file.

Leo