Looks like line 67 in BuildManager.cpp is responsible for the tooltip bug.

I switched the arg order, we'll see what happens (I don't actually know how the
tr() macro/method works).

I noticed that in the translation files, the order is also often reversed. Hmmm.

share/qtcreator/translations/qtcreator_cs.ts:        <source>Finished %n of %1
build steps</source>
share/qtcreator/translations/qtcreator_de.ts:        <source>Finished %1 of %n
build steps</source>
share/qtcreator/translations/qtcreator_es.ts:        <source>Finished %n of %1
build steps</source>
share/qtcreator/translations/qtcreator_fr.ts:        <source>Finished %n of %1
build steps</source>
share/qtcreator/translations/qtcreator_fr.ts:        <source>Finished %1 of %n
build steps</source>

etc.

curious

Alan