Hello!

We managed to skip last weeks report (again), so today we have two weeks
worth of changes for you:

---++ Nokia Qt SDK
    * Nokia Qt SDK version 1.0.1 was released. It includes Qt Creator
      2.0.1.
      See: http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/09/14/nokia-qt-sdk-101-released/

---++ Designer
    * Support for QIcon::theme was added to Designer: Use the icons from
      your preferred theme! This will become available in Qt 4.8.

---++ Generic
    * Creator can now auto-restore the last open session. This can be
      done either globally via the UI (File->Session->Session Manager,
      check "Restore last session" there) or for the next start only via
      the command line switch "-lastsession".
    * Generic Highlighting and what it can do was blogged about:
      http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/09/16/generic-highlighter-in-qt-creator/

---++ Qmake
    * Project wizards were extended to make the generated .pro-files
      more usable for use in SUBDIRS pro-files.
    * New wizard to help with adding new library dependencies to
      .pro-files.

---++ Symbian
    * Deployment of shared libraries to Symbian devices should finally
      work. Some wizard to set up the deployment-related .pro-file
      section still needs to get added.
    * Deployment of SUBDIRS projects to Symbian devices does work now.

---++ Maemo
    * QML and Mobile wizards were steamlined and improved for Maemo
      development.

---++ Debugging
    * The thread list in the debugger can now display thread names.
      One source of those names is the objectName ot QThreads.

---++ Documentation
    * Many new features found in QtCreator master were documented.
      Check your documentation for all the awesomeness;-)

---++ Nightly Builds
    * Our build system infrastructure was much improved.
    * Nightly builds of the master branch are now available at:
      ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator/snapshots/

All work (except for the Designer part!) happened on the master branch
available here:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator

Please feel free to give it a try:-)

Please report any issues you run into or suggestions for improvements here:
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger
Software Engineer

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori