Hi,

Well, the way we are doing it is, in the Project settings, build tab, we turn
off "Shadow build:", then it appears to respect the paths in the .pro files, as
so:

Release:LIBS += ../../../../build/lib/release/libCustomWidgetLib.a
Release:DESTDIR = ../../../../build/bin/release
Release:OBJECTS_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/release/.obj/$$TARGET
Release:MOC_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/release/.moc/$$TARGET
Release:RCC_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/release/.rcc/$$TARGET
Release:UI_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/release/.ui/$$TARGET

Debug:LIBS += ../../../../build/lib/debug/libCustomWidgetLib.a
Debug:DESTDIR = ../../../../build/bin/debug
Debug:OBJECTS_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/debug/.obj/$$TARGET
Debug:MOC_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/debug/.moc/$$TARGET
Debug:RCC_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/debug/.rcc/$$TARGET
Debug:UI_DIR = ../../../../build/bin/debug/.ui/$$TARGET

We add these ourselves, they don't come from the project wizard, but qmake
seems to respect them.  Of course you change them to wherever you want your
build, libs etc.

Then, back in the Project settings, now go to the Run Settings tab, and you
have to tell it to run the executable from the target build directory you set
up above.  So we add a new Run Configuration and set the executable and working
directory paths to where we want them.  Then we delete the old, default one
that pointed to the wrong location, since you can't edit it to set its
executable path.

I hope this helps a little.

Carlos

Carlos Smith