On Friday 10 June 2011 15:10:23 René Jahn wrote:
> > You guys wrote those building docs that are in the wiki? I suppose you
> > don’t know how current system works? Current building doc would need
> > complete
> > overhaul...
>
> My doc was about Building Qt Jambi with MSVC++ 2008 Express...
>
> The current docu at: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-jambi/pages/BuildingFromGit
> looks different and has more chapters....

Okay... That link doesn’t work for me, but I have also no idea who has written
it. That wiki is obsolete and I’ll remove content from there at some point as
there are
already material in our site.

I’ve seen... one edit in past year to that wiki, and it was done by me. So I
don’t think Wiki really suits to us. Qt DevNet provides a wiki too, if someone
wants to write
some content and not have it our website (I’ll include all material I can and
fits to the site)

> After the Jambi repository was available, Eskil gave us a "first" docu system
> and we used what was available!
> There was no community!

Yeah, well, now we’re at the point we’ll get proper build system, have proper
website and documentation coming up, and a bug tracker. That sometimes is even
getting used. :) Always ground to improve things though... It’d been lots
easier if there was someone who actually had done some work with the code base
telling me
how things are and such.

> What about the current system?

Our website ( http://qt-jambi.org ) is (too) slowly getting rewritten over self
built rails app instead of that Wordpress thingy, the test website is not up at
the moment as
my computer keeps crashing...

Anyway, back to the topic, http://qt-jambi.org/material/building/ this dates
some months back and doesn’t reflect all newest changes. But basically it works
like that.
QTDIR is still “supported”, but I don’t favor builds with it as I have no idea
how and when and what in Qt repos changes. Qt 5 will break it completely, as
repos are
going modular. Or was that for 4.8 even?