From: Samu Voutilainen <s...@smar.fi>
Subject: Re: [Qt-jambi-interest] Need help with qtjambiawtbridge
To: qt-jambi-interest@qt.nokia.com
Cc: "doug brann" <dorsal_f...@yahoo.com>, "José Arcángel Salazar Delgado"
<arcangel.sala...@gmail.com>

You can always fake a QTDIR system, if awtbridge relies on that flag. Given it
doesn’t need private stuff (non-public headers of Qt).

If you need to do arbitrary drawing, Qt provides graphics view system, and
Jambi supports it well. It might be interesting alternative too.

On Monday 12 September 2011 00:07:05 doug brann wrote:
> Hi José and thanks for your reply.
>
> I actually started out doing exactly what you described, but I quickly
> realized that I needed a 'zoom' capability to have a closer look at parts of
> the plot (I'm displaying 10000-100000 data
points on a time scale that goes back decades). At that point, I realized I was
faced with the pain of doing the coordinate transformations required to relate
pixels of a png back to my data set,
get the correct range data from SQLite again, and redraw the plot. Or I could
just use the jambi-awt bridge and all would be well.

> Once I figured out how to get the awt bridge out of gitorious, the zoom
> actually worked perfectly, and the entire task was reduced to a few minutes
> work, rather than the huge pain in the
neck I just mentioned. My 'only' trouble is, that some of my users are using
win32, and others are using win64. I'll probably eventually have some linux
users, but that's a couple of years away.

--
Terveisin,
Samu Voutilainen