Hi,

I am currently writing a DE with qtjambi as the ui back-end. So to answer
your question: it is possible because I just did it. :)

However there are some drawbacks in qtjambi compared to classic qt. A lot
of low level X related functions are not available in qtjambi while they
are in qt and this can sometimes be a bit of pita.

For example retrieving the xlib connection pointer in jambi is not (yet?)
possible. You can work around it by creating a seperate X display
connection but that makes your new 'window manager' connection think all
your qtjambi widgets are clients it needs to manage (which results in
decorations decorating decarations...). To solve this you will have to
create all jambi widgets with the override redirect flag set.

There are a lot of other small issues that arise in jambi because of the
absence of these X related functions. For example it is not possible to
create a qpixmap in jambi from an existing X pixmap id, no pictureId for
widgets for use with the XRender protocol etc.

Oh yes I almost forgot:

http://trinity.netcat.be

gl & hf :)