My firm has been using QtJambi for about a year now, to create a
desktop application intended for use on touch screens.

We choose QtJambi because we wanted the power and flexibility of Qt
(Designer Ui files, huge collection of utility classes, cross platform,
etc) but the majority of our application's libraries are written in
Java.

The major pain point for us was difficulty in getting QtJambi working
on the RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 family of Linux distros with an rpm
installer package and compatibility with recent Qt versions. I managed
to get everything compiled with a couple of weeks worth of work, and
since then we've had no real problems.

Having an easier time with packaging and installation in the future
would certainly be nice. If anyone wants the src.rpm I created (its out
of date by now, I'm sure) just tell me how to transfer it to ya.

Michael Jones
Software Engineer
CyberMetrix
2860 N National Rd #A