A further question on internationalization. I have translations for
test.qml in a file called test_fi_FI.qm, and I can verify that it works
by running the qml viewer as

    qml -translation test_fi_FI.qm test.qml

I tried to make my own qml viewer locale aware, and following the
arrowpad example I have this piece of code:

     QString locale = QLocale::system().name();
     QString translationFile =
QString(QString(argv[1]).replace(QRegExp(".qml$"), "_") + locale);
     std::cerr << "Translations in " << translationFile.toStdString() <<
std::endl;
     QTranslator translator;
     if (translator.load(translationFile)) {
       std::cerr << "Succesfully loaded translations." << std::endl;
     } else {
       std::cerr << "Error loading translations." << std::endl;
     }
     app.installTranslator(&translator);

When I run test.qml with my viewer, it reports that loading of
translations went ok, but it still shows the non-translated text.

I looked at the qml view code, and the only significant difference I
spotted is that I explicitly create the QDeclarativeEngine and use
QDeclarativeComponent::create(), whereas the qml viewer uses
QDeclarativeView. Could this make a difference as far as translation goes?
--
Pertti