> This does not seem to work too well for me. Or, well, not at all actually.
> What I have is:
>
>     property alias connectionTarget: seenConnection.target
>
>     id: dummyId
>     states: [
>         State {
>             name: "UnitValid"
>             when: unit != undefined
>             PropertyChanges {
>                 target: seenConnection
>                 connectionTarget: unit
>             }
>         }
>     ]
>     Connections {
>         id: seenConnection
>         onSeenChanged: visible = unit.seen
>     }
>
> Hm, I hope this doesn't end up like a big ugly HTML mess. I'm still getting
> used to "Mail" on OSX. If
> so let me know and I'll try to talk some sense into it.
>
> Anyway, running the above gives:
>
> ... foo.qml: QML Connections: Cannot assign to non-existent property
> "onSeenChanged"

This can probably be avoided by setting 'ignoreUnknownSignals' to true in the
Connections object.

> ... foo.qml: QML PropertyChanges: Cannot assign to non-existent property
> "connectionTarget"

Oops, I left out an important part. The Connections object should have "target:
dummyId.connectionTarget" to actually bind to the connectionTarget alias
property.

Also, change the PropertyChanges target to 'dummyId' instead of
'seenConnection', so that the connectionTarget alias is updated.

regards,

Bea