Hi,

is there a way to load a complex component with low priority in the
background?

I'm exposing a complex QGraphicsWidget to QML and the problem is, that
whenever I load that component my application freezes for a second (on
desktop, on mobile it's much longer).

I'd like to display a lightweight 'loading' animation and load that
component in the background without freezing the interface. Then
whenever it's ready it should replace the animation with the real
content.

I've tried using a loader but whenever that kicks in the interface still
freezes. Is there another option? Should I use QThreads on the C++ side?
Or a WorkerScript in QML?

Thanks for all pointers!
Conny