Hello Ben,

It is really nice to read you and to see interest in QML from the media
center community.
I used to lead the Elisa/Moovida media center project for Fluendo. After
the project was shut down a few developers decided to revive it by
rewriting the same UI using QML. We called it 'Elisa Qt' and have been
pushing the code on Launchpad since the beginning [1].
We communicate through mailing list [2] and IRC (#elisa on freenode).
You may want to read the original mail announcing the project [3].

That's how it looks like so far when you start it: [4]. And live: [5]
It also works on the N900 [6] and on a beagle board [7] already :)

It's still the very beginning though a couple of people are referencing
it on the Internet:
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4340
http://conference2010.meego.com/session/how-create-music-player-30-minutes

There is still a lot to be done and we have good strong points:
a) an excellent UI technology: QML
b) a very usable (grand-ma proof) user interface to start from
c) experienced people on the team

I hope that got your interest :) Let me know what you think.

Florian

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~fboucault/+junk/elisa_qt
[2] elisa-develop...@lists.launchpad.net
[3] https://lists.launchpad.net/elisa-developers/msg00047.html