Once a Texan - it sticks!  My husband moved there hesitantly in 1988.  He grew to love it - the southern hospitality.  Out of his 55 yrs .. only 10 were spent in Texas and he tells people he's from Texas (or Houston).

Although he said that, for the greater part, west Texans are as*holes .. those that are big cattle ranchers and their offspring.  When he moved to upstate NY to marry me ... he thought everyone was so rude compared to the south.

I've heard this numerous times ... places like Houston & San Antonio have THE most friendly people in the nation.  Ya hafta go there to experience it.

We'd move to Houston probably if it weren't for the humidity.  Hubby can't take our dry hot summers here in Tucson now and they make Houston summers a spring zepher (his words!).  The heat here doesn't phase me, I love it.  But I have asthma triggered by humidity so the TX sauna may be a disaster.

The perfect place to live is nowhere in particular.

Lori
http:\\www.michaelsons.org