I would love nothing more than a man or woman that is respectable with valuable ideas and goals for this country to run for president.  To have someone that doesn't think on one side would be the best thing for this country. In my own opinion, but I realize that will never happen because the majority of the country is either republican or democrat. It's sad that these guys that are basically a joke are coming out and running.  Again in my own opinion.
Stacy

"People who hate you do not win unless you hate them. Then you destroy yourself"
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Lubin
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] election

Tod,

So election 2004, 51% voted for the person who won, 49% voted against.
In 1992, 43.3% voted for the person who won, 56.7% voted against.

Going by what you suggest the ballot could have said "Bush or Not Bush". So no one actually voted for Kerry, 56 million people voted only because they didn't like Bush and not because they wanted Kerry? Doesn't that just prove the point. Only 43.3%, nearly 45 million, actually wanted Clinton for president. 51%, nearly 60 million people, wanted G.W Bush for president.

Nader might have had more votes in 2004 if the Democratic party didn't work so hard to suppress voter choice by keeping Nader off the ballots in many states. If they had a candidate that was actually worthy to be president what would they have to fear? People would have been motivated to come out and vote for Kerry, as they clearly did for Bush.

Not only did more people vote for Bush, the senate minority leader was dumped. In both 2002 & 2004 the Republicans gained seats in the House and Senate. A clear indication that a majority of the country is voting against values and ideas of the Democratic party.

Evangelical Christians alone? I doubt it. How about the military and the people making more than $200,000/yr that Kerry promised to tax more to pay for, among other things, abortions for anyone woman who wants one. He said it in the second debate. The defining marriage amendments were only on ballots in 11 states, including Oregon who voted for the marriage amendment and also for Kerry.