It just doesn't seem that complicated.
Why shouldn't everyone pay the same, that seems like the way it should be any ways.

Mark

-------Original Message-------

From: Jim Lubin
Date: Sunday, November 07, 2004 14:34:39
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] election

Something we agree on, a flat tax. I say around a 35% flat tax for everyone and exempt the first $100,000. That sound fair to me. Only deductions are for charitable contributions to encourage giving. There can even be an option to pay more to the government. During the campaigning I saw several Hollywood people saying they didn't need a tax break. Fine if they want to pay more than 35% of their income to the government then they can.