This may be a little late...I have over a thousand unread post because i cant make myself delete them until I read them...good thing yahoo has so much space!
I just wanted to voice my opinion on this medical ganja thing.
I think it's going to be a long time before it's recognized as a medicine by the government. I really don't think they want to acknowledge it as such because it's worth a hell of a lot more illegal than it is legal. The money they'd make if they legalized and taxed it is just a drop in the bucket compared to what's made now.
I'm not a conspiracy therorist..but I do believe there are unspoken reasons why they keep this drug illegal. I know from experience, as do others on the list, that it does have medicinal properties. Only about 2 years out of the last 30 that I used it, have I been using it for medicine. It stop's my cold sweats and increases my appitite. I like to extract the oil out of it because it's cleaner that way. After years of smoking it for recreation, my lungs can't take much in weed form. I think it's like any other medicine and shouldn't be abused.
I saw a show on the history channel about the day's when it used to be legal and the reasons why it became illegal.  If I recall correctly,(bad memory from over use) it was more or less lumped together with cocaine when it was outlawed. Something about black harbour workers goin nuts and that they were all marrijuana and cocaine users. ...cocaine binges will do that! I've never heard of anyone losing thier minds due to marrijuana...unless you believe those old movies from the 20's like "Reefer Madness and the "The Devil's Weed".
I think marrijuana was in the wrong place at the wrong time and they kept finding it on these people that had used way to much coke and got some of the blame for making them psycho.
Maybe the government doesn't want to admit they made a mistake. All I know is they have stubbornly resisted legalization for years despite the fact that it does help people.
Another thing while I'm at it, ..these comercials on tv about if you buy marrijuana, you could be funding terrorist..or you're supporting the druglords that harm millions of inocent people to get your buisness. ...Well..if it were legal and it was worth less money then I don't think Al queda or the druglords would have much use for it. To legalize it would be to take the head off of the snake....but what do I know,  ..just my humble opinion.

QuadPirate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is a joke, now the government won't even let you study the medicinal values of medicinal marijuana without their approval but they still supply around seven people in the US under the INDP for 20 or more years now for medicinal reasons but they won't research the same people they're supplying for some strange(Pharmaceutical companies)reason!!!!

This administration is failing it's people and lining the pockets of big business as we suffer and it's really pissing me off. As everyone has seen lately our own soldiers are criticizing the incompetence of those in charge and they're dumbfounded when confronted to answers and John McCain has had enough and is speaking out and this man's a true leader I wish he was in charge!

College Fails in Bid to Grow Marijuana

By DONALD G. McNEIL Jr.

Published: December 14, 2004

A longstanding request to grow marijuana at the University of Massachusetts so it can be tested for medical uses has been turned down by the Drug Enforcement Administration.

The decision was faxed to the university on Friday and made public yesterday by the Marijuana Policy Project, an independent group that favors legalization of marijuana, particularly for medical uses.

A spokeswoman for the D.E.A. said the agency would have no comment beyond its order, which gave the university 30 days to appeal.

The dispute is over marijuana in its smoked or vaporized form. Capsules of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, one of the plant's active ingredients, can be prescribed in many states for cancer and AIDS patients suffering nausea and appetite loss. But proponents of medical marijuana argue that the inhaled form is more effective and contains more than 50 active ingredients that the capsules do not.

In its order, drug agency said the lone government-licensed marijuana farm, operated by the University of Mississippi, grew enough for researchers. It said that 18 medical studies using the drug had been approved since 2000.

But Dr. Lyle E. Craker, the professor of plant biology at the University of Massachusetts who applied for the license three years ago, said researchers complained that the government's marijuana was weak and that it was hard to get permission to use it.

"We wanted to have a source independent from the government and with a known potency so doctors can run clinical trials," he said. Researchers would still have needed D.E.A. permission to work with the drug.

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!

D.E.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE
TRIP IT'S BEEN