From: Jessica Ann Gordon <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 01/02/05 12:44:45
To: Quad List
<mailto:quad-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: [QUAD-L] Home Accessibility

hi all ---

my dad, an architect, is part of a convention in march where he has been
assigned to speak on accessibility issues w/ a focus on design for
disabilities. he designed my beautiful new home where i am free to live
almost entirely independently. he has asked me to participate in his
presentation and has given me free reign. so here is where i need help ---

i'd like to hear from all of you on the following topics. feel free to write
as much or as little as you'd like. i'd like for all these architects and
engineers to hear first hand from the people they are designing for.

1 -- what are the physical obstacles you deal with every day in your home or
in public and how do they affect you?

2 -- how would your life be different if you had a home custom built to work
with you and your disability? what would you ask for in that home if money
were not an issue?

3 -- how much time do you spend in your home in an average day?

4 -- what modifications did you make to your living situation following your
disability/accident?

5 -- is there anything you would like architects, engineers and designers to
know from your personal point of view? keep in mind, these are the people
who can make or break accessibility for us.

i may be writing again w/ more questions as my part of this project
develops. i'm in the beginning phases and not exactly sure where it will
lead. thank you ahead of time for your help. please include your name, age,
city and state you live in, disability and how long you've lived with this
disability. i really think this could be powerful w/ everyone's input.

jessica