From: dillon awe
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 7:31 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] pressure sores

I have had a terrible time with pressures sores.  Either my skin gets red or it breaks open.  My problem with my skin occurs all year long and is frustrating not only because of time it takes to heal but also because I have had to cancel or postpone many activities I wished and planned to participate.

I have looked for work or even to volunteer but am extremely hesitant because I know, as has happened frequently in the past,  that I'll either get sick or more likely develop a skin area and have to cancel.  I just bought a new cushion which was modified for my butt and weight using a computer that highlighted my bone prominences but it is not helped very much.  I use a ROHO cushion that has four air compartments.  I try to eat well and do frequent pressure reliefs.

Has this problem ever stopped from seeking work etc.?

How have any of you dealt with this problem?