Freeze the surgical report that is done by the doctor of the surgery.  They
procedure should have been tested  to see if it was working properly.  If its
true of what you say the cath was not in the bladder, but rather in the
abdominal wall, then you may wish to contact someone with a legal background or
lawyer.
Be prepared to be able to document your concerns and those reactions to your
concerns by the doctors office.
I hope that you have discussed your concerns with the nurse you spoke with. I
too would be angry and I hope your insurance company has contacted the
hospital concerning your procedure.
Best Wishes and welcome back.