Hi Howard ...

I love the weather here (yr-round) and the area I live in has sidewalks, bike/walking paths
running parallel to many roads and people are friendly.  And it's quiet where I live...
unlike downtown.

The down side is that right now housing is astronomical.  I need a Med-gap program
and AZ has only ONE for those under 65 and it's $4000 a yr and pays diddly squat.

As with any place, it has its ups & downs.  Right now EVERYONE wants to move to the
southwest so housing prices are CRAZY.

Tombstone is quite far southeast of us (2 hrs or more) and I've never been.

I ended up here (I'm from the northeast) as hubby got a job transfer.  They
moved us 3000 miles then decided to lay 400 engineers off only 8 months
later!  No job prospects yet so we're sitting tight, living frugally and waiting for
a housing market crash (inevitable).

To see homes in my area of Tucson go here http://www.marybyczek.com/orovalleyhomes_51606.cfm
Anything under $300K is not found around us (OR it's a shitshack) so click on
$300,000-$350,000 to see the average modest homes.

We are renting & have great landlords.

Lori Michaelson
Age - 41
C4/5 complete quad, 26 years post