have you ever tried to stop taking Valium?  I've been taking it for about 10 years for spasms, does the job well, it worked a lot better than baclofen for me.  Only downside, if I miss a dose the withdrawal effects start pretty quick and are very unpleasant.  Don't know what I would do if Medicaid stopped paying for it.