I keep the foot rests on because it helps with my balancing and I don't have to lift my legs from the floor to the bed.

T. Houston
----- Original Message -----
From: KK Batte
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Transfers & Chairs

Where you foot pad is, I decided to get articulating legs that raise
up & down. Helps prevent swelling in legs.    Now for transferring,
it is easiest to remove the leg closest to whatever I am transferring
into.  My chair is a Quantum rehab chair.

My legs are heavy & only have one arm to use & do manage it.

KK