Yep, exactly right Ron.. It is very high risk they told me, and has left some who had arm movement completely paralyzed. I have some pretty good day's then WHAM ! 2 or 3 in a row that are pure torture. Like I told Lori and a few others in here...I could actually really love life even being paralyzed if only we did'nt have the awful pain that goes with it. I am going to give lyrica a try...not sure how soon because my wife needs to see 2 different doctors probably before I can.                   Dan -- 8.9  post

RONALD L PRACHT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It really does suck to have a syrinx. Its the biggest no win situation Ive ever been in besides spinal injury itself. I ask myself why suffer everyday if I can get it drained or shunted? Then the docs tell you about the major risks and people that have had syrinx operations tell you the horror stories they have had. So I guess all a guy can do is take the pain until its unbearable, then roll the dice on the surgery..

                                            Ron c7