That is no exception  W -------- I have read books and stories of many INCOMPLETES getting partially to totally well again. BUT NEVER read of any COMPLETES-- I am a complete, my spine and spinal cord were completely SEVERED at c-6
                                                                                                          Dan H.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm incline to agree with Stacy, with a couple of exceptions.  John FitzPatrick-Boston
John (I think that is his name) established a foundation in Boston for those who with SCIs, who's insurance doesn't pay for equipment.
John was a hockey player, that broke his neck at the C-Level and was incomplete. His did his critical care at Kessler (i think) and was sent to Sheppard in Atlanta for his 3 month rehab. He was discharged from Sheppard in a modified electric chair with modified joystick controller.  John chose physical therapy twice a day and was quite aggressive in his program.  5 years, John was in the program.  Today, John is not only walking, running and doing everything he did before his accident, but has been released by all of his doctors.
His doctor's are all shaking their heads and re-evaluating the MRIs and exrays from day one to determine if it was their error or that John was very lucky.

The last I hear, John was attending Law School and his foundation was doing well.
His picture still hangs in the offices of the Boston Chapter of the Natl SCI Assoc, as
a reminder.