Have you heard of the Tibetan monks who hang out in monasteries and get all 'tuned' in to God and the ultimate 'spirit' and in doing so can walk on hot coals without getting burned and can levitate because they are so 'spiritual'?  Wouldn't it be interesting to sever one of their nerves and see how well that heals?  I think they would have similar results as you and me.  Now I'm going to go concentrate on healing......  OOOOOMMMMMM.
Dave