I honestly would get up if it didn't hurt so damn bad.  All I can do is just cry sometimes because pain medicine doesn’t work for it.  The only ting that worked was when I had daludid sp? through IV.  I have it by pill now and it doesn't even touch the pain.  I don't know if it can be surgically fixed and there are only two plastic surgeons that do this type of surgery in the area.  Hopkins is a few hours away but I don't know if I can sit on it long enough to get there truthfully.  I'm going to give this a lil bit of time and see if there are any signs of healing.  I also have a list of questions growing for the doctor so we'll have to see what happens.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] flap incision pulled

Lol, no, sorry. wax paper wouldn't work either. We could begin with maggots then slap a chaw of tobacco on it, I just didn't wanna scare stacy. lol I honestly believe it would work better than any wet to dry BS.

I stick with the roll of white wrapping paper. It is made with a bleaching process that makes it relatively clear of bacteria. When I use the microscope I don't see any bacteria growth on it.Even after contaminated bacteria deasn't multiply on it like it will on a telfa pad. If it bothers you to use it then ignore it. Wet to dry anti-bacterial dressings will usually kill tissue, not promote growth. You will be back for more surgery. I can't say I heal up fast but I haven't stayed in bed because of a sore since '78 when I spent 5 months playing with wet to drys and resulted in surgery that required another 6 weeks and I healed much faster than I do now.
Stacy, I would try anything to keep from staying in bed. I don't know what would heal your wound fastest but please don't give up on remedies that allow you to have a life.try miracle mist on the wound and bag balm on areas that are carrying weight while it heals.
The very first book I ever read about wound care began with, "don't let the wond get too wet or too dry." i got the book from a doctor that prompty prescribed batadine wet to dry twice a day.

Whatever you try remember to get pressure off of it.
good luck
john
P.S. My crappy cure works for me.