Animals and insects have very little input in this situation for global warming.  Mankind, is a much smarter than animal and have the resources to slow this process.  Same arguement can be used when discussion enviromental waste in our waters too.
Locally, we observe a common practice of drilling deep holes into the ground and pumping caustic, pickling solutions, under very high pressure rather than having them neutralized at a most expensive cost.
I don't know if we can reverse global warming, but we can sure try.  We have the brains and technology.  However its much easier to deplete, rather than restore.

Take for example, yourself.  Do you recycle your garbage and waste?  If not, have you considered?  It might be one thing at a time to justify greater actions at a higher level.

If you and I don't care..... who will?