Hi Sandy,

When it comes to passion, this List ranks at the highest levels.  There have been many discussions/posts on the issue in the past.  For the sake of peace on the List, we have put the issue to rest in our posts for now.  The Quad-List archives are available to read past discussions on the issue.  If you have any comments feel free to express  them.  http://www.makoa.org/quadlist.htm#archive

Stem cells have been in the news lately, and those of us watching the issue have been contacting our Legislators about it.  Now is the time to call the White House and tell the President how you feel before he vetoes the bill.  It would mark the first veto of Bush's presidency.

The bill would broaden the limits on funding embryonic stem cell research beyond the strict rules the president outlined four years ago.

Bush aides have said they're concerned the measure still may pass the GOP-led Congress by a veto-proof margin. They're working to convince enough Republicans to support the president.

"I made [it] very clear to the Congress that the use of federal money, taxpayers' money, to promote science which destroys life in order to save life, I'm against that," Bush told reporters. "Therefore if the bill does that, I will veto it." http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/20/bush.stem.cells/

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 30 Years Post
Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Lately there have been several posts about stem cells that generated NO discussion. STEM CELLS GROW NERVES! It can change our life in our lifetime! I feel no passion, no fervor, no excitement from this group. There are more discussions about Walmart. I don't understand it. I just wonder why???
Sandy