I do the same thing John and came across it by accident when I was trying to cough and pushing on my stomach.
Works well too.

Mark Jackson

Sent: 10/13/2006 1:35:14 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Supra-pubic question

Do any of you tap around your bladder to cause muscle contractions? I have done this since erehab. It causes the muscles to contract and the sphincter to release the urine in several flows. Because of it I can use an external catheter and avoid all the infections from indwelling catheters. It is just a gentle serious of taps on the tummy and then the bladder muscles contract and empty it.
By the way, the sediment is usually caused when you have a bladder that is not emptying. This allows bacteria to grow in the bladder, often causing stones to form which in turn cause more bacteria to grow.
I'm still a proponent of anti-infectives and large doses of vitamin C.
For those of you on anti biotics, try that new Dan-active from Dannon between doses and see if it really helps avoid the constipation and the runs that are so common with anti biotic use. I personnally just use acidophalous capsules between any anti biotics that I take

john