Hi Stephanie,

I saw of posting by you on the quad message board.  It caught my eye,
because I too, am a C4 -quad due to Transverse Myelitis,1 year post. Here is a
little about me and what I've been through.

My name is Naomi.  I am 50 years old.  I was stricken with TM on  July 2,
2005.  In a matter of minutes, I went from an active, working  adult, to a flat
on my back, totally paralyzed, terrified patient.  I was  hundreds of miles
away from home at the time that this happened.  I had to  be flown by med-jet
nearly 2 hours to get home.  When I awoke in ICU, I was  on a ventilator and
paralyzed from the neck down.  I had the steroid  treatment (it drove me crazy
).
I also had the plasma exchange, after  which I regained movement of my left
leg and partial movement of my left  arm.

I had four months of occupational and physical therapy, while in the
hospital.  I was discharged into a nursing facility, were I stayed for six
months
and I had occupational and physical therapy there for five of the six  months.

I left the nursing facility and went into the hospital to have the Baclofen
pump put in, to control my spasticity.  The pump has really helped  me.  I had
two months of occupational and physical therapy as an inpatient  in the
hospital.  I was discharged from the hospital to home, a place I  hadn't been
in
over a year.  While at home, I received outpatient therapy,  at the hospital,
for nearly 6 months.

After over a year of therapy, I have not progressed much. My right side is
still totally paralyzed.  I have been plagued with UTI's, dysreflexa,
positional vertigo, excruciating nerve pain, and problems with in-home  help.
Needless to say, I had to give up my job.  I was a Technical  Instructor,
teaching
the installation of electrical equipment for our local  utility company.  I was
also attending Eastern Michigan University,  majoring in Special Education,
Emotionally Impaired.  I miss working and  going to school, something terrible.

I am still working on getting more therapy and trying to gain more  movement.
 I thank God for what I have achieved so far, and know that every  day is a
blessing.  Keep the faith.

Naomi