I have found great people through ads in the paper.  We have a great rehab
facility in Washington.  Physical therapists can be good resources for ideas
for this sort of thing.  When I was still living off of settlement money I
would pay someone for just the basics, so not much housecleaning and such so
my place was a pigsty.  Now I have dshs and found an agency.  They were
paying for one person to do bowel care (a nurse) and one to do housecleaning
and everything.  I trained the woman who was doing the housecleaning and had
it supervised throught the state's nurse delegation program, now she helps
with everything.

It does seem women with children do enjoy the flexibility that the job can
bring.  There are all kinds of people out there and I hope you find a great
match!  Please keep us updated and tell us of any snags, as someone here has
surely had some similar experience :-)
It does require creativity and patience!

I always thought it would be great to have someone as a backup, but this
isn't always easy.