Out town just had the town's big festival. They have a number of little
things that are often not worth going to, but this is one is fun. It's
called "The Ostrich Festival". They do all the "fair/festival" stuff, rides,
arts/crafts, games, food, etc. But the big thing is the ostrich races. They
race then with jockeys, then with chariots. Plus camel races, etc. They also
sell lots of ostrich stuff, burgers, jerky, etc. I love trying new foods.
The concerts at night were Rick Springfield and an old American Idol guy.
It's cool that it is only 2.5 miles from my house, so I could just hang out
back/forth. They also had the Purina Dog Challenge there. Where the dogs do
Frisbee tricks and an obstacle course. That was fun. Then in the mornings
they had hot air balloon races and nights they did balloon glows. The only
bad thing was the weather, almost record highs, 87 degrees and very little
shade. I love going to things like that.

Greg