I haven't had skin problems, just really disgusting bladder problems.  My
approach was to start from the bottom up.  Vitamins, and cutting out sugar
and caffeine, along with other supplements.  Boosting the immune system.  I
eventually, after gradually working on this for a few years, just got used
to not eating so much sugar and stuff and I had less to worry about as far
as bladder stuff.  It sounds like you aren't drinking tons and tons of
Pepsi, but the amount you are drinking might make a difference in your
health.  Maybe just start finding other things to drink, if you want to
quit, and do it gradually.  The skin does like a healthy body.  Maybe you
can get your aide to massage you?  When I couldn't find an answer I tried
everything.

As far as protein goes, I wish I knew myself.  I have a nutrition book I
need to get back into while I start my physical therapy.  I'll try to
remember to share what I learn from that, but maybe you could google daily
proportions or something.  It's a start.

I think diet is super important and I hate to harp on something, but the
naturopath really approaches health from that angle.  Oh yeah, FISH OIL!
That'some pretty powerful stuff.  The refrigerated kind especially.

That's my 2 cents ;-)

How long ago was your injury, btw?
-k