I once read a book titled 'Why do bad things happen to good people'. It was
written by a Religious leader a Rabbi, Priest or whatever. The gist of it was
that God put us here and that was that. He did not believe in Divine
intervention. Much like your post Amy. One of my mottos is 'Life is a crap
shoot'. You get what you get - deal with it. I have to laugh when people
attribute everything to God. 'A tornado was coming and we took refuge in our
church. All the other buildings around us were destroyed but not our church!
That's because God protected us.' This same type of thinking happens when the
church was demolished by the tornado and everyone inside was killed. 'It's all
part of God's plan. We don't understand it but we're sure He has a reason for
this'.

Prayer may comfort you but IMHO it won't affect the outcome - nor should it.

Dan V

At 06:07 AM 4/15/2007 -0700, Amy Davis said something that elicited my response:

>Everyone has their own opinion on this, I am sure. So here is mine. I have NO
>IDEA! I know there have been times in my life when it has been influenced by a
>guidiance or spirit or GOD. I think all religion have the same basic
>principle. Believe in a higher power. Be good to one another. Basically be
>nice!
>I know when bad things happen everyone says why did God let it happen. And
>that things, like becoming a quad, happen for a reason. I kind of think that
>is bull. I think accidents happen to good or bad people. It is how you deal
>with the situation that makes it ok or hell to deal with. You can become a
>quad and sit and dwell and get pissed at the world or feel sorry for yourself.
>I know everyone has these feelings sometimes. But you can also use your
>experiences to make a difference for someone else.
>Life does not always come out like we plan. But it is like going on a trip.
>The fun part...the most exciting parts are the ones that were not planned.
>Like getting lost or finding a neat place that you did not know existed along
>the road. If everything went as planned it would be kind of boring to know
>what was coming next every single second of our lives. The good parts are the
>parts that we did not even know was coming.
>I am not sure what exist in the afterlife..but I know there is no harm in
>being a good person. If there is a God...I know that he does have a sense of
>humor. And I am sure we keep him entertained here. And a lot of the times I am
>sure he is shaking his head and wondering how we do the things we do to each
>other.
>Ok..I have rambled on and still have not figured out if there is an afterlife
>or not. I know that I intend to make the best of this life. The rest....well,
>I will find out when I go down that road too.
>Amy
>
>andrea murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g285x4sUKoo>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g285x4sUKoo
>

>omg -- that's some f'd up stuff! "thank god i" have not been brainwashed!
>
>=jessica

Check out
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->new
 cars at Yahoo! Autos.