  From: Greg<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: quad-list@eskimo.com<mailto:quad-list@eskimo.com>
  Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:49 PM
  Subject: [QUAD-L] Collecting Disability

  Just for an FYI. If you get disabled while your under the age of 18 (or is it
21?), once a parent passes away, you can receive their Social Security. And
once both pass, you can switch to what ever one is higher.

  I missed out on 4 years of SS, because I was never told about this after my
father passed. Not to mention all the cash spent on very costly insurance
premiums while I could have switched to Medicare.  I just met a young lady who
did not know about this, so I told her to call SS. I had such a time trying to
get processed. I had to prove I was disabled before I was 18/21, written, non
copied records. But the hospital trashed its records every 10 years back then.
They put me through the wringer. I had so much proof, but nothing was good
enough. Finely I put up a goof fight and they ok'd it.

  Also in most states, if you are on Medicare, you can switch to a Medicare
Replacement Policy. Lots better coverage than just Medicare.

  Just thought I'd mention this incase there are new quads here who don't know.

  Greg