For a short while I also had the model you are talking about.  I experienced
the same problem when I entered my van backwards.  I have to tilt back in
order to get into my Van because I am just too damn tall, but when my front
wheels left the floor of the van he was quite this concerning.  Thankfully I
was still trying to get used to the chair and never signed for it,
therefore, the VA still owes me a new wheelchair one of these days.

Quadius