I did get the meds I needed, it just took 3 doctors to get them. My Primary
Care Doc wouldn't, so he sent me to a Pain Management Doc. He does not like
writing monthly prescriptions, he only does medical procedures. So he sent
me to a Pain Doc who just wrights prescriptions. I went 20 years as a quad
not taking any meds at all. But after a hip injury, It caused H.O.
(heterotopic ossification ?). That's where if you get something like a big
bruise on your hip, the blood in the bruised area turns into bone. It is
common in those with a SCI. (16-53%). It grows into the muscle like tree
branches, so operating on it is very bloody and can cause it to re-grow.
Anyway, it causes AD a lot and caused lots of spasms. I have been on Oxy,
MS-Contin, now I'm just switching to the Fentanyl Patch. Because the times I
forget to take my meds, I'm in very bad pain for the rest of the day, even
after I take the meds I missed.

Greg

  _____

When you see your doctor next time, tell him your popping tylenol like candy