I forgot to mention that I am a C2-3 with no movement below the neck.
Quadius

On 6/10/07, Quadius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have been living by myself for three or four years now.  Similar to
Mike, I rely on an ECU and have quite a few things I can do while I am in
bed.  I sleep on an air mattress now, but I used to have a lateral
rotational mattress.  Since I have always slept on a specialty mattress,
this wasn't a problem when I decided to go it alone.  My biggest concern was
how to get medication when no one was here.  Well, having access to an ECU
and a hospital bed which will move up and down with that ECU, I only had to
figure out how to get something to hold the medication so I could get it
when I wanted.

Well, I had an old microphone stand with a boom on it (like a piano boom),
which I purchased from RadioShack, so, using paper tape I managed to get one
of those plastic film covers affixed to the edge of the boom so that I could
get that with my tongue and let the medicine fall into my mouth.

In my particular case, however, I have a really good support system with
very trusted caregivers.  I couldn't do it otherwise.  I also have pretty
good neighbors around here, albeit they're not as good as my previous
neighborhood.

Quadius