--- Begin Message --- ----- Original Message ----- From: ADAPT [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: commchoice-list
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:52 PM
Subject: CCA hearing a BIG Success

The Senate Finance Committee Hearing on the Community Choice Act was a tremendous success! You can still view it on the Senate Finance Committee website and the testimony of each of the presenters can be read and/or downloaded from this site as well.

Many excellent points were made. One of the highlights for many CCA Supporters was when Mitch La Plante refuted the cost estimate and research has proven it is closer to $1.4 to 3.& billion.

Chairman Baucus committed to getting the Congressional Budget Office (CBO)

Many other great points were made too.

You can still see the hearing for a while, but not forever, on the Senate Finance Committee website. We encourage you to do so!

Thanks to all the CCA supporters who turned out for the hearing! Your presence was awesome! And Bob Liston represented us well, although all the speakers made terrific points.

Attendance by the Senators was quite good, due in large part to each of your efforts! Senators who were there at least part of the time included:

MAX BAUCUS, MT   (Chair of the Committee)
CHARLES GRASSLEY, IA  (Ranking Minority Member)
CHARLES E. SCHUMER, NY (co-sponsor)
KEN SALAZAR, CO  (co-sponsor)
JIM BUNNING, KY
RON WYDEN, OR
BLANCHE L. LINCOLN, AR
OLYMPIA J. SNOWE, ME
GORDON SMITH, OR

JOHN F. KERRY, MA was there but needs some help understanding the point of the hearing...

Other members who were not there (just FYI)
JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER IV, WV
KENT CONRAD, ND
JEFF BINGAMAN, NM
DEBBIE STABENOW, MI
MARIA CANTWELL, WA
ORRIN G. HATCH, UT
TRENT LOTT, MS
JON KYL, AZ
MIKE CRAPO, ID
PAT ROBERTS, KS
JOHN ENSIGN, NV

***********
Written testimony can still be sent in for the next 13 days. It's probably best to email it to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you write it will probably not get there in time, but the mailing address
is:

Committee On Finance
219 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-6200

If you do send written testimony, we would appreciate your sending ADAPT a
copy so we can use it -- if needed -- in the future.  (It's hard to get
ahold of this kind of written testimony later.)  You can email it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  or send a hard copy
to:  ADAPT of TX   1640-A East 2nd ST, Suite 100 Austin, TX 78702  (note NEW
ADDRESS) or fax to: 512/442-0522.
NATIONAL ADAPT MAILING LIST - Adapt Community Choice Act List
http://www.adapt.org

--- End Message ---